Back to Tidbits

Nancy Thomson's Photo Album

Nancy nancy@funnybusiness.com photographed a few places of interest to THOMSON researchers while on her recent trip to New England. Take a virtual tour!

Click on the thumbnail image to see the complete photo.

5th Mendon Meeting House; built 1819 The Fifth Mendon Meeting House at 8 Maple Street, Mendon, Massachusetts, built in 1819. Elias Carter, a renowned architect, was the designer. The congregation began with the First Parish Society of Mendon in 1667. Today the Fifth Mendon Meeting House is a Unitarian church.
Sacred Ground "Sacred Ground."
The sign reads: "At this place the Mendon settlers in 1668, 1680 & 1690 built their first three meeting houses. All inhabitants of the town came here to worship God."
Gristmill Samuel Thompson's Gristmill Stone, 1727.
Long buried on the bank of the river, the stone was uncovered in 1937 after a hurricane. It was discovered by A. Frederick Anderson, the Town Antiquary, and presented to the Longfellow School by Robert A. McLaughlin. It now stands outside the Millville Massachusetts Town Hall.
Mendon Town Hall The Mendon Town Hall.
(Nothing to add to this caption...maybe Alice Pallidini can help me out.)
Odiorne Point, New Hampshire Odiorne Point, Rye, New Hampshire.
The site of David and Amias Thomson's first home in New England and the first permanent European settlement in New Hampshire. Today it is a State Park.
Peter Thompson Grave Site, Mendon Old Mendon Cemetery
Peter Thompson grave stone in Old Cemetery , Mendon.
(This provided by Alice Palladini)
Chestnut Hill Meeting House Chestnut Hill Meeting House, Millville, MA
The Chestnut Hill Meeting House is the oldest meeting house in Massachusetts to survive in its original condition.
Chestnut Hill Meeting House Chestnut Hill Meeting House, Millville, MA
Another view of the Chestnut Hill Meeting House is the oldest meeting house in Massachusetts to survive in its original condition.
Founders Park The Founders' Park Monument.
FOUNDERS' PARK 1906
IN MEMORY OF THE HONORED OF MENDON
"THE OLD MOTHER TOWN"
Settled 1663 Incorporated 1667
Eights towns are now located on her original territory. Near this spot Mendon's first three meeting houses were built."
Millstream Millstream
This photo was taken on the island where Samuel Thompson's grist mill was located. The island is to the right.
Mini-Reunion A Mini-Thomson Family Reunion.
Left to right, Genevieve Fraser, Nancy Thomson, and Gen's mother, Louise Ducharme Fraser
Copyright 1997-2014. Thompson Family Researchers.
Updated: 27 Jan 2014 01:02 PM