1593 - Bef 1665
||Rev. John Jones  |
||Northampton, Northamptonshire, England 
||17 Jan 1664/65
||Fairfield Co, Connecticut 
- In his will, dated 17 January 1664[/5] and proved 30 June 1665, "John Jones, pastor of the church at Fairfeild," ordered that "seven pounds be taken out of my estate ... & be delivered to the heirs or executors of Captain Cullicke, sometime one of the magistrates in Conecticot jurisdiction being due to him," and "whereas I promised my dear wife Susanna Jones fifty pounds in case I died before her and beside gave her a silver bowl within a little while after that I was married unto her this I do confirm by my last will that these are due unto her, moreover my will is that the said Sussana my wife shall have the use and benefit of my twelve acres of land in the Great Meadows and of my orchard m Fairfeild during her life and after her death that it be divided equally to or amongst my six children John, Ehphalct & my four daughters Sarah Wilso[n] widow, Ruth James. Rebeca Hull & Elizabeth Hill"; "my said wife shall have the remainder of my lot adjoining to the orchard as her own for her and her heirs"; to "my eldest son John Jones pan of my library, to wit the works of Augustin, Chrisostom and of other authors usually called the fathers"; residue "to be equally divided amongst my forcsaid six children, John, Eliphaiet. Sarah, Ruth, Rebeca & Elizabeth"; "my wife Susanna Jones [to be] the sole executrix"; "Mr. Gold & Mr. Pell both of Fairfcild (to be] the overseers" [Fairfield PR 2:5],
||Bef 09 Feb 1664/65
||Fairfield, Fairfield Co, Connecticut [2, 3]
- Inventory taken. Real estate totalled ¹74: "12 acres in Great Meadow," ¹48; "orchard and part of the homelot," ¹25; and "4 acres Barlow's Plain," ¹1.
||30 Jun 1665
||Fairfield Co, Connecticut 
- Michelmas 1608 Matriculated sizar from Queens College, Cambridge, as John Johns; BA 1612/13; 19 December 1613 Ordained deacon at Peterborough; 1619-1628 Rector of Abbot's Ripton, Huntingtonshire, England;
July 1635 Sailed from London, Middlesex County, England, aboard the Defense, under Master Edward Bostocke; 3 October 1635 Arrived at Boston, Suffolk County, Massachusetts, aboard the Defense, "a very rotten and unfit vessel."
Several other ministers arrived in Boston the same day, including Mr. John Wilson, Thomas Shepard, Hugh Peter, probably Henry Flynt/Flint, Thomas Carter, and William Walton. John Jones himself does not appear on the passenger list, but his wife and children are found as "Sara Jones, 34, Sara Jones 15, Jo[hn] Jones 11, Ruth Jones 7, Theoplhilus Jones 3, Rabecca [sic] Jones 2, Eliz[abeth] Jones 1/2.
Upon arrival, he was entertained by Governor Winthrop at his house; 6 April 1637 Reordained and made pastor of the church at Concord, Middlesex County, Massachusetts, where he served jointly with Peter Bulkeley; September 1644 Migrated to Fairfield, Fairfield County, Connecticut, with 15 other Concord men, where he became the first minister of the church. He was apparently motivated to leave Concord due to theological disputes. The church members settled in Greenlea, a section across from Black Rock Harbor on what is now the University of Bridgeport campus.
Those who left Concord included:
Reverend John JonesJoseph Middlebrook Thomas BulkeleyJohn Tompkins Daniel BulkeleyEphraim Wheeler Thomas JonesThomas Wheeler, Jr. William BatemanJames Bennett William OdellRichard Lattin John EveartsBenjamin Turney Peter JohnsonGeorge Squire
1654 Participant in the witch trial of Goody Knapp. 1659 Paid for the sale of his house in Concord, after its third sale. 
||1 Jan 2006 |
||Sarah, b. Abt 1601, England |
| ||1. Sarah Jones, b. Abt 1619, England |
| ||2. John Jones, d. Sep 1621, Abbot's Ripton, Huntingdonshire, England |
| ||3. John Jones, d. Abt 1644|
| ||4. Samuel Jones, d. Feb 1625, Abbot's Ripton, Huntingdonshire, England |
| ||5. Hannah Jones, b. 18 Mar 1626, Abbot's Ripton, Huntingdonshire, England |
| ||6. Ruth Jones, b. 23 Oct 1628, Abbot's Ripton, Huntingdonshire, England |
| ||7. Theophilus Jones, d. Aft 1635|
| ||8. Rebecca Jones, d. 1696, Fairfield, Fairfield Co, Connecticut |
| ||9. Elizabeth Jones|
| ||10. Eliphalet Jones, b. 09 Jan 1640/41, Concord, Middlesex Co, Massachusetts |
- [S347] The Hull Family History, Robert E. Hull, (Gateway Press, Inc, Baltimore, 1994), p.41.
- [S347] The Hull Family History, Robert E. Hull, (Gateway Press, Inc, Baltimore, 1994), p.44.
- [S387] The Great Migration, Anderson, Robert Charles & George F. Sanborn, Melinde Lutz Sanborn, (New England Historic Genealogical Society, Boston, Massachusetts, 2005), p. 92-97.
- [S32] TAG, The American Genealogist, 71:52.